JBL CBT 1000 Constant Beamwidth Technology ™ Adjustable Coverage Line Array Column
Expanding upon our highly successful Constant Beamwidth Technology™ breakthrough, the CBT1000 represents the next-generation in pattern control consistency utilizing adjustable vertical coverage and a tapered horizontal waveguide to increase the versatility of aiming the coverage of the loudspeaker to more accurately map to the room geometry in a wide variety of listening spaces.
- Asymmetrical vertical coverage sends more sound toward far area of room to make front-to-back sound levels more consistent.
- Components: Twenty-four (24) 25 mm (1 in) extra-high-power soft dome tweeters and six (6) 165 mm (6-1/2”) high-excursion LF drivers arranged coaxially.
- Constant Beamwidth Technology™ provides constant directivity up to the highest frequencies and reduces out of coverage lobing.
- Vertical pattern coverage is individually adjustable through a range of four (4) “Pattern Up” angles and four (4) “Pattern Down” coverage angles for a total of sixteen (16) different coverage combinations, all without the use of external DSP processing.
- Patent-pending Tapered Horizontal Waveguide provides a continuously varying horizontal dispersion (very wide for short-throw, narrower for long-throw) delivering superior coverage in both the front and rear corners of a room.
- Single-speaker room coverage at high SPL, with little over-splash and strong bass response down to below 40 Hz.
- Switchable voicing provides flat response in music mode or mid-range presence peak in speech mode.
- Swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket included.
|Components||Six (6) 165 mm (6.5 in) LF drivers Twenty-four (24) 25 mm (1 in) HF drivers|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||45 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity (2.83V@ 1m)||102 dB (at highest sensitivity setting: “Point” pattern up, “Point” pattern down, “Speech” voicing, in free space); 95 dB (at lowest sensitivity setting: “Medium” pattern up,“Downfill” pattern down, “Music” voicing in free space)|
|Nominal Impedance||4 ohms (4 ohms above 1 kHz; 8 ohms below 800 Hz)|
|Power Capacity||1500 W (6000 W peak), 2 hrs; 1000 W (4000 W peak), 100 hrs|
|Maximum Input Voltage||65.0 Volts RMS (2 hrs), 130.0 Volts Peak|
|Max SPL||Highest directivity setting: (“Point” pattern up, “Point” pattern down) with “Speech” voicing: 131 dB continuous average pink noise, 134 dB continuous program, 137 dB Peak|
|Vertical Coverage Settings||Coverage is effective (frequency response similar) beyond the traditional -6 dB coverage angles. This is especially useful in compensating for differences in listening distances. Figures show both the -6 dB and -12 dB coverage angles (at 3 kHz). Angles are in reference to cabinet aiming axis. Pattern UP Settings: “Point”: -6dB @ +7°, -12 dB @ +12° “Tight”: -6dB @ +9°, -12 dB @ +15° “Narrow”: -6dB @ +10°, -12 dB @ +20° “Medium”: -6dB @ +13°, -12 dB @ +24° Pattern DOWN Settings: “Point”: -6dB @ -7°, -12 dB @ -12° “Narrow”: -6dB @ -10°, -12 dB @ -20° “Broad”: -6dB @ -17°, -12 dB @ -28° “Downfill”: -6dB @ -20°, -12 dB @ -35°|
|Horizontal Coverage||-pending Tapered Horizontal Waveguide continuously variable. Long-throw (top) section: 100° Middle section: 130° Short-throw (bottom) section: 160°|
|Recommended High-Pass||35Hz, 24 dB/oct or greater|
|Low Frequency Drivers||6 pcs, 165 mm (6.5 in) drivers, lightweight neodymium motors, 50 mm (2.0 in) diameter voice coils, copper-capped pole tips to minimize flux modulation and linearize inductance, 16 mm (0.63 in) long coil for high linear drive and high power handling, damped blended textile surround, coated cones for moisture, UV and salt resistance. Magnetically shielded.|
|High Frequency Drivers||24 pcs, 25 mm (1 in) drivers, neodymium, encased magnet and coated diaphragm for moisture, UV, and salt resistance.|
|Enclosure||Fiberglass reinforced ABS cabinet, powder coated 1050 aluminum grille|
|Outdoor Capability||IP-55 rated, per IEC529, when installed with optional MTC-PC2 cover. ASTM G85 for acid-air/salt-spray (200 hrs.).|
|Colors||Black (RAL9004) or White (-WH) (RAL9016)|
|Insert Points||14 individual M8 inserts on back panel (20 mm deep) for use with swivel (pan)/tilt bracket(s), forged-shoulder steel eyebolts, swivel rings, and after-market third-party brackets, plus 4 individual M8 inserts on top and 4 on bottom of cabinet end-caps.|
|Mounting||Included two-part swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket provides continuously variable +/- 45 degree left-right swivel aiming (at no up/down tilt – see Bracket Guide for maximum swivel range at various up/down tilt angles), +/- 15 degree tilt in 1 degree fixed increment points. Fourteen (14) threaded mounting points located on back panel of cabinet conform to industry standard rectangular 127 x 70 mm (5.0 x 2.75 in) pattern for legacy OmniMount® and other compatible third-party brackets. Four (4) threaded mount points on the top end-cap and four (4) on the bottom end-cap. Threaded mounting points can be utilized for suspension. (Always use multiple mounting points.)|
|Dimensions||(H x W x D): 1020 mm x 250 mm x 345 mm (40.2 x 9.9 x 13.6 in)|
|Net Weight||(cabinet): 24.5 kg (54 lbs)|
|Shipping Weight||38.6 kg (85 lbs)|
|Included Accessories||Two-piece swivel (pan)/tilt wall bracket|
|Optional Accessories||MTC-PC2 terminal panel cover
CBT1K-ACC1 Accessory kit includes:
MTC-CBT-SUS3 CBT Series suspension bracket kit (2 pcs included to provide top and bottom attachment points)